7 High Street (Formerly International House), London
• Refurbishment and extension
• Circular economy principals/London Plan
• Mixed Use
7 High Street (formally also known as International House) is an existing five-storey building, comprising ground floor retail units (Ealing Broadway) and office entrance, first floor retail and office space on the second, third and fourth floors.
The project will see the building redeveloped to provide upgraded and extended office accommodation to CAT A specification, as well as enhancements to the entrance area, a new reception and new external space in the form of a courtyard and terrace. Improvement will also be made to improve energy performance and maximise efficiency and wellbeing, as well as enhance the experience for tenants’ employees, ready for post-Covid working.
In line with British Land’s Sustainability Strategy 2030, the building is aiming to achieve BREEAM Outstanding for New Construction and Refurbishment and Fit Out, and is being designed to Circular Economy Principles based on the London Plan - Policy S17, with targets and commitments including:
• To divert 100% of waste from landfill and incineration
• 90% of waste to be recycled
• Reuse/recycle/compost 80% of operational waste from the office and 70% from the retail units
• Proportion of materials with a reuse of recycle content of at least 20%
• Disassembly potential investigated and included in the end-of-life plan
• Materials passport developed
• Responsibly sourced materials