Our specialist team of Principal Designers (CDM Co-ordinators) have a wide range of experience in all construction projects and provide a proactive service in full compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 for all construction works including demolition, new build, refurbishment and maintenance works.
- Full compliance with the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015
- Regulations single point of contact
- Dual role as Principal Designer and Health & Safety Advisor
Our Principal Designer service includes working closely with the Design Team during project planning to ensure:
- Provide Health & Safety advice to the client in respect of CDM 2015
- Assist the client with their duties
- Ensure Health & Safety issues are fully considered and co-ordinated
- Collate Pre Construction Information pack to provide information for tendering contractors
- Review of the contractors Construction Phase Plan
- Monitoring the Health & Safety implications of design changes and site circumstances during construction
- Completion of the Health & Safety File on conclusion of the project
Pre Construction Information (PCI) pack (Pre-Tender Stage H&S Plan)
Before arrangements are made for the appointment of a Principal Contractor to carry out and manage the construction work, a member of our specialist team will ensure that a PCI pack is prepared and available for the tendering process.
Health & Safety File
The Health & Safety file is a record of information for the client of the key health & safety risks that have to be managed during any subsequent maintenance, repair or construction work.
The appointed Principal Designer will ensure that this file is prepared and handed over to the client at the end of the construction project.
Where appropriate, we can incorporate the role of Health & Safety Advisor alongside that of the Principal Designer at strategic or site level.
The CDM 2015 Regulations require that the client ensures that the Design Team and Principal Contractor are competent. We are pleased to undertake competence checks on behalf of the client.